Update day: 18-02-2024
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
The Senior Process Engineer will be a key member of the high performing team focused on developing the next generation high volume manufacturing cell assembly, formation, aging, and cell inspection processes that will connect 24M’s revolutionary product to the high growth energy storage market. The Senior Process Engineer will serve as the primary engineer of the cell assembly, formation, aging, and cell inspection processes at one of 24M’s licensee factories. They will be paired with 24M’s partner manufacturing team supporting project planning, equipment design and build, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), equipment installation, and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT). After SAT, the successful candidate will lead ramp up and continuous improvement efforts at the factory. The successful candidate will bring an understanding of and interest in the fundamentals combined with an intense approach to taking ideas the whole way through to successful production equipment. Strong interpersonal skills are required, as are a strong work ethic and an ability to flourish in a dynamic startup environment. The Senior Process Engineer reports to the Operations Director locally in Norway.
- Identify and solve primary gaps to achieving better capability for yield, cycle time, and OpEx at manufacturing partners.
- Work closely with the product teams of 24M and 24M’s partners to produce high quality lithium ion batteries at partner facilities.
- Support the 24M partner manufacturing team and equipment vendors to plan, design, and build high throughput and high-quality manufacturing equipment.
- Support the 24M partner manufacturing team and equipment vendors through FAT, equipment installation, and SAT.
- Work closely with 24M’s local Operations Director, the 24M deployment team and partner manufacturing team, along with the partner to prioritize and tackle issues
- Frequently communicate back to colleagues at 24M USA to update the team on issues, learnings, and achievements
- Perform equipment and process capability studies and make improvements based on those data driven results.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in a wide range of manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge about various welding technologies, specifically, laser welding and ultrasonic welding.
- Knowledge of various laminating technologies, including heat sealing, adhesive sealing, etc.
- Experience with slitting, die cutting, roll-to-roll processes, intermittent motion processes, and vacuum lamination.
- Experience with in-line continuous vision system inspection systems.
- Strong experience and desire to work hands-on with lab and pilot-scale equipment. Mechanically savvy.
- Demonstrated ability and passion to understand processes and the interaction between the material, equipment, and the associated impact to product performance.
- Demonstrated ability to design, optimize and qualify processes with data driven decisions.
- Ability to create methods to generate data where none exist and to turn art into science by getting the numbers.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Ability to commit to aggressive timelines and to deliver on those commitments.
- Ability to provide guidance and mentor new hires, many of whom may arrive with minimal industry experience.
- Works well in a team environment with willingness to share skills and information; as well as guide and mentor others, including new hires with minimal industry experience.
- Ability to generate reports and clear technical presentations.
- Coachable; able to act on management inputs and constructive criticism.
- Must be able to live in Mo I Rana, Norway
- Up to 25% travel may be required for training and supporting activities at equipment vendors
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with data analytics software (JMP, Minitab, Tableau).
- Experience with CAD (SolidWorks).
- Experience with standard Quality tools (PFMEA, SPC, DOE, Control Plans, NPD, Change Management).
- Lithium-ion battery industry experience.
- Broad experience which also includes automated assembly, automated material movement, and in-line inspection.
- Experience working with international partners, both suppliers and end customers.
- Experience in taking a process from lab scale to pilot scale, and to high volume manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 Bodø, Nordland
⏰ 06-03-2024🌏 Bodø, Nordland
⏰ 04-03-2024🌏 Bodø, Nordland