Update day: 20-01-2024
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Job type: Full-time
Job contentreMarkable is a Norwegian technology company that develops products to help people "think better." In a short amount of time, we have grown extensively and now have 200 employees onboard. Following the successful launch of our second-generation "paper tablet," which has been named one of TIME’s "100 Best Innovations of 2020," we face challenges and opportunities in a global arena. We are now looking for an experienced NPI Manager responsible for driving product development projects into mass production and launch. Would you like to join the journey and develop a unique tech company?
About The Role
As our New Product Introduction (NPI) Manager, you will have the opportunity to directly impact our future product portfolio, and enable further growth for reMarkable. The products you are part of developing will end up in the hands of potentially millions of customers worldwide.
So far, reMarkable has achieved unique results with its two first product generations, but we are not stopping there. We will launch more unique products, and our NPI team is a central part of the product development projects. We are therefore looking for a manager for global product introductions, that will function as the hub between our product development and operations teams. As an NPI Manager at reMarkable, you will be responsible for projects from early concept stages, up until the launch of new products, as well as ensuring progression and risk reduction in our projects towards launch. This involves you taking ownership for manufacturing readiness, and ensuring that the operations aspects are coordinated and ready (Quality, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Planning, Logistics, and Reverse Logistics).
As our NPI Manager you will be our central point of contact for suppliers and consultants, and secure reMarkables future delivery of groundbreaking products. This role offers a unique opportunity to work globally, across subject domains. Your days will be filled with exciting responsibilities and variation!
Central Tasks And Responsibilities Can Include
- Lead product launches into mass production, including test production and ramp-up
- Ensure successful launches of products by meeting cost, quality, design, and availability objectives
- Ensure commercial and procedural management in projects towards global suppliers across our supply chain
- Secure manufacturability, testing, and responsivity in our supply chain for new products
- Develop and implement leading practices for NPI projects in reMarkable, including processes, structures, frameworks, tools, ways of working, operating models etc.
To thrive in this role and take part in building reMarkable, we are looking for people that are able to see the bigger picture, and that dares to challenge the status quo. You have the ability to break down complex problems transforming them into concrete solutions, but also to translate and convey this in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment. You enjoy collaboration, creating relationships and trust in your role across the organization. In our team we move fast, give ownership, and thrive in a change culture. As a scale-up with rapid global growth, it is natural that our tasks and responsibilities continuously develop alongside this journey.
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with either product development/NPI, production, supply chain management and/or consultancy
- You have experience with international supply chains and consumer electronics.
- Experience with working towards Chinese or Asian suppliers is a plus
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- When required, you are willing to travel globally
- You have a Masters degree in relevant subjects. Extensive relevant work experience may substitute formal education
- The opportunity to work with a highly skilled and cross-functional team in an environment that solves everything from production, hardware, software development, marketing on a global arena, strategy, management, CRM, content product, and a lot more.
- Rewarding and challenging tasks where you will see direct results
- An opportunity to get involved in all steps of creating a product used by hundreds of thousands of customers across the globe
- Career opportunities with a focus on subject matter expertise and personal development in a fast-growing company, where both skilled subject matter experts and leaders are crucial to our success
- A supportive culture where we take care of each other and build reMarkable together. With us, the "team" is larger than the "me." We offer a work environment that presents motivation and joy, built around our company values: curiosity, dedication, and generosity.
- In addition to competitive terms, we offer the opportunity to purchase employee-priced shares in reMarkable and six weeks paid vacation annually.
Value is created by several building blocks. We build the road from ambition to finished product - step by step.
Supply chains can be vulnerable, and an Achilles heel for the unfortunate. Our mission is to build a global supply chain that not only enables our vision for better thinking but also ensures quality at all levels. Our goal is for each building block to take us one step closer to our vision.
New product introduction
Our responsibility lies in following and transforming new ideas into prototypes, and all the way to finished products. We make sure that new products are introduced within our objective on timeline, cost and quality - and that we have a scalable production that meets our demand and quality criteria. Every step and every idea should be worth the effort, and worth our footprint.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 09-03-2024🌏 Oslo City, Oslo
⏰ 02-03-2024🌏 Oslo City, Oslo
⏰ 04-03-2024🌏 Oslo City, Oslo
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Oslo City, Oslo
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Oslo City, Oslo
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Oslo City, Oslo
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Oslo City, Oslo
⏰ 08-03-2024🌏 Oslo City, Oslo
⏰ 13-03-2024🌏 Oslo City, Oslo
⏰ 08-03-2024🌏 Oslo City, Oslo