Job type: Full-time
Job contentGriffith Foods is a global manufacturer of food products. We provide a wide range of taste and texture components for food industry customers throughout the world. Our products include seasoning blends, dry mixes, coating systems, dough blends, crumbs, flavors, sauces and food bases that are used in an extensive variety of application from snack foods and processed meat and poultry to ready meals. Our customers include food processors, restaurant operators and grocery retailers. While our name may not be familiar to consumers, our products are key components of foods offered by many of the world’s best-known companies.
For the US business, implement and coordinate effective safety, health, environmental and security programs that eliminate hazards, reduce costs and drive continuous improvements related to these programs. This position gives support in defining best possible practices to all operative areas in topics related to safety, health, environmental and security. This will position will have oversight for all GFUS facilities along with being the hands-on coordinator for the Alsip Plant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
I - GFUS Oversight
- Develops & maintain safety, health, environmental and security policies, standards and procedures for the HQ and Operating Facilities.
- Promote safety, health & environmental and security education unit wide.
- Defines and Integrate best safety, health and environmental practices throughout the US organization.
- Is aware and promotes safety, health and environmental training for all employees.
- Recommends corrective actions and/or preventive measures where needed.
- Promotes continued activities of local Safety, Health and environmental committees.
- Collaborates with Global EHS Director on a behavior-based safety program and implements the standardized program in the GFUS unit.
- Conducts job Safety Analysis’ and ergonomic assessments and incorporate learning’s and best practices into training programs and work instructions.
- Conducts periodic employee safety audits and inspections of work areas and process operations. Trains committee members appropriately.
- Reports audit results and recommend corrective actions and or preventive measures where needed.
- Make recommendations on engineering and work practice controls needed to eliminate or minimize staff exposures to potential hazards.
- Perform period environmental monitoring and sampling, with data analysis to determine the extent of occupational health hazard exposures
- Responsible for the unit environmental management system (EMS), policy definition and continuous improvement plans.
- Perform period environmental monitoring, discharges sampling and analysis to confirm regulation compliance.
- Consolidates and track records of defined intensity usage metrics for the unit (water, energy and solid waste).
- Leader of promoting improvement projects leading to planet sustainability related waste reduction.
- Responsible to lead external audit preparations and audit taking efforts.
- Responsible for the Unit Food Defense programs (e.g. C-TPAT or alike) policy definition and enforcement.
- Head of the company food defense and security committee.
- Responsible to conduct periodic internal audits and lead the efforts towards regulation compliance.
- Responsible to lead external audit preparations and audit tour efforts.
- Define yearly improvement action plan based on findings from annual property loss survey.
- Coordinate with Facilities/Plant Management on activities (contracts, provider relations and personnel) involving facility/plant security (guards).
- Responsible for facility’s compliance with local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to environmental, health and safety concerns (EHS).
- Developing, implementing, and managing all EHS policies and procedures.
- Maintain active involvement in teams’ safety committee functions by coordinating weekly and monthly meetings and/or inspections, ensuring recording of minutes, and coordination of changes based on committee feedback and inspection results.
- Leads a cross functional team that ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA standards and regulations including company policies and procedures for programs such as Confined Space, Ladder Safety, Hazard Communication, Lock out/Tag out, Blood borne Pathogens, Hearing Conservation, Emergency Evacuation Plans, Scissor Lifts, Fall Protection, Hot Works, etc.
- Ensure team members who are First Responders are trained in First Aid, CPR, & AED, and are certified by State and Federal laws as required.
- Coordinate and enforce compliance with environmental programs including but not limited to Recycling Food Waste, Recycling Packaging, Landfill, Incineration, Air Quality, Hazardous Material, Hazardous Waste, and Drinking Water & Storm Water Programs.
- Administer Hearing Conservation Program.
- Record, share, and work with Safety & Leadership team to develop a solution for reported Near Miss via sites Near Miss program.
- Maintains local database for all incidents including near misses and provides weekly and monthly summary of activities including KPIs to local, regional, and global leadership.
- Coordinate Safety audits and inspections with the GFUS and Global Safety Coordinator(s) including tracking findings to ensure closure.
- Conduct and complete Injury and Illness report with injured team member, Area Coordinator and Team Leader or Manager after completing thorough accident investigation to ensure “root cause(s)” have been identified and that appropriate corrective action has been completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, and/or Occupational Health & Safety.
- 5-10 years of Health, Safety & Environmental experience. Manufacturing environment is required.
- In-depth knowledge of HSE regulations, including OSHA, EPA and local requirements.
- Must have strong leadership skills including effective communications, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all departments and levels of the organization.
- Medium to strong background in ergonomics.
- Problem solver and works well independently and in a team environment.
- Investigate safety of work environment.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to travel up to 30%.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Asker, Viken
⏰ 16-12-2022🌏 Fredrikstad, Viken
⏰ 30-12-2022🌏 Ski, Viken
⏰ 02-01-2023🌏 Asker, Viken
⏰ 28-12-2022🌏 Fredrikstad, Viken
⏰ 29-12-2022🌏 Kongsberg, Viken
⏰ 28-12-2022🌏 Fornebu, Viken
⏰ 27-12-2022🌏 Viken
⏰ 30-12-2022🌏 Lillestrøm, Viken
⏰ 21-12-2022🌏 Sandvika, Viken