Update day: 15-02-2024
Industry: Motor Vehicle Manufacturing
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentVår Energi ASJob description:
We are one of the leading oil and gas companies in Norway and a major supplier of gas to Europe. At a time when stable access to energy is a crucial part of European security policy, we have a particular responsibility to contribute with energy to millions of Europeans. At the same time, we have committed to ambitious climate targets, extensively reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
We are 950 talented and committed employees on platforms on the continental shelf and behind desks at our offices in Hammerfest, Oslo, and Stavanger. Everyone has important jobs to do. Jobs with purpose.
The challenges ahead are great. As are our ambitions. Working to supply energy has perhaps never been more important and meaningful than now.
What to expect as a graduate within Geoscience?
As Geoscience Graduate In Vår Energi, You Will Be Delivering Fundamental Geological And Geophysical Analyses To Support Our Exploration And Production Activities Across The Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Perform integrated seismic interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic data to develop consistent 3D fault & horizon frameworks at a variety of scales
- Contribute to field studies to support reservoir development and depletion planning, opportunity generation and infill drilling programs
- Quantify subsurface risk and uncertainty
- Develop stratigraphic frameworks across scales based on sequence stratigraphic principles
- Identify and infer underlying sedimentary processes and depositional environments from core, facies associations and stacking patterns, and understand their impacts on reservoir quality and connectivity
- Perform rock property analysis, seismic-to-well ties, forward seismic modelling, seismic attribute analysis, DHI analysis and seismic inversion
- Recently graduated or graduating in 2023 with a minimum of MSc within the fields of Geoscience or Geology
- 0-2 years of working experience
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English
We expect you to be forward leaning, positive, and open for acquiring new skills. You are strategic and structured, curious and problem solver. You are a team player with the motivation and skills to work across disciplines, motivated by continuous learning and development.
We put safety first in everything we do, and we expect you to do the same.
We are offering
- Challenging tasks in a dynamic and strong technical environment with the opportunity to grow, learn and be creative
- Competitive salary and benefits such as pension, insurance schemes, loan arrangements, access cabins, additional days off in addition to a comprehensive welfare package
- Internationally diverse working environment and internal development opportunities
- To be a part of a company which believes in the future of the NCS and which offers rewarding tasks and responsibilities for the right candidate
- A strong corporate culture where we are team players, with focus on new solutions, learning and integrity
Vegard Bruaset, Operations Technical Subsurface Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Start-up in Vår Energi is in August 2023.
If this appeals to you, please send us a motivation letter together with your CV and copies of relevant academic transcript and diplomas.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 08-03-2024🌏 Haugesund, Rogaland
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Sola, Rogaland
⏰ 02-03-2024🌏 Stavanger, Rogaland
⏰ 11-03-2024🌏 Haugesund, Rogaland
⏰ 03-03-2024🌏 Stavanger, Rogaland
⏰ 03-03-2024🌏 Stavanger, Rogaland
⏰ 10-03-2024🌏 Stavanger, Rogaland
⏰ 14-03-2024🌏 Stavanger, Rogaland
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Haugesund, Rogaland
⏰ 11-03-2024🌏 Stavanger, Rogaland