Position: Entry level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentJust as aluminum is the element of possibility, so too, are our current and future employees. We relentlessly pursue outstanding and sustainable results and creatively transform ideas into value. At Alcoa you can quickly make your mark, impact your world and grow your career. Alcoa is a truly global company with many locations worldwide. The majority of our hiring takes place in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Iceland, Hungary, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, and the United States. While some roles are based on-site, Alcoa also offers a flexible working model for certain positions. Come learn what’s possible for you!
About The Job
- Provide critical Technology and process support to all Alcoa Casthouse Operations.
- Coordinate resource support and support in planning, best practice deployment, and engagement processes ensuring collaboration between operations and key support resources.
- Provide rapid onsite support for key initiatives, problem solving, critical project execution, and restoration of stability.
- Supporting locations on yearly and long-term planning process for the casting area including Capex reviews, co-develop and support business cases for equipment improvements.
- Provide guidance on optimal charge mix and options to improve
- Review melting performance and equipment capacity to support improvement opportunities
- Provide metal sampling expertise including chemistry sampling and metal cleanliness sampling processes
- Provide metal treatment expertise including filtration and degassing
- Provide casting process & casting practice development SME support for various casting process
- Direct chill casting in Billet, Slab, T-bar and Remelt (vertical and horizontal)
- Open mold casting in Standard ingot and Sow
- Continuous rod caster
- Provide homogenization treatment process SME support
- Provide product inspection expertise
- Molten Metal Safety – SME level knowledge of aluminum molten metal safety hazards, risks, preventative controls, and mitigating controls.
- Work with locations, customers and technical customer support on new product qualifications.
- Utilize ABS and REX competence to support locations in improving the operating systems to drive consistency and stability.
- Benchmarking and technology / BP transfer between the casting locations.
- Strong Communication Skills – Ability to clearly explain complex engineering and process information to teams from multiple language, cultural, and education backgrounds
- Project Leadership Skills – Ability to provide both direct and indirect management/leadership for projects and initiatives to deliver results both at specific locations and globally
- Casthouse Practice knowledge – Knowledgeable about casthouse processes with SME level knowledge on furnace processes and equipment. Ideally multiple years of experience directly related to the deployment a management of these processes
- Problem solving skills - Apollo or similar
- ABS / lean manufacturing systems
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Engineering
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Kristiansand, Agder
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Bergen, Vestland
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Asker, Viken
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Stavanger, Rogaland
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Bodø, Nordland
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Kristiansand, Agder
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Vadsø, Troms og Finnmark
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Sandefjord, Vestfold og Telemark
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Sandvika, Viken
⏰ 31-12-2022🌏 Oslo City, Oslo